28 July 2019

The Royal Box at Wimbledon ...

... and the century old question: What to wear? The answer, of course, is not made easier when the challenge is to present the Duchess of Cambridge with a suitable ensemble, keeping in mind the Trophy presentation added to the program this year. Oh, how easy it was when I first did it in 2018, just for the fun of it!
Outfit for 2018 - Not for this Dress the Duchess Challenge!

That white eyelet dress with black accents by Badgley Mischka seemed just right and let me indulge in my penchant for all things that glitter ~ in this case aquamarines (cuff by Todd Reed, the rest independent internet finds)! Heck, it's high summer, and likely hot, so gems looking akin to fresh cool water certainly appeal 😎 For a bit of a counterpoint, a Bottega Veneta bag in pinkish lilac and Edelman shoes of the same hue. Also, a scarf, just in case, which brings the aquamarine and blush together. Et voila!
Alas, HRH Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge did not adopt my suggestion that year. 😔
So this year in the run-up to the Tennis Championships at Wimbledon, I got back to the drawing board to work on a new proposal.
Outfit for 2019 (earlier this month)- Not for this Dress the Duchess Challenge!
This was actually a really quick decision to pick the combo of Aislin Shirt and Leona Skirt by Reiss: tennis white with a print in Wimbledon's lavender and green ~ perfect! As to the jewelry: the tsavorite set by Palmiero nicely gelled with a bangle set (although I'd wished the sapphire bangle was an amethyst bangle, just for cohesiveness). Grab an Aspinal London purple bag and sandals in the same style, the obligatory scarf (I couldn't decide which one so I put both options in) and all is set and ready to go. Well, as everybody knows, the outfit lost out. Again! I'm sure it was the sandals ~ possibly unsuited for the Trophy presentation. But how was I to know that in advance ... *sighs*
Now here comes Charlotte challenging us to bring something to the table that may suit ... next year perhaps? Yay!*fist pump* This time I'm-a gonna nail it! (or not, more likely 😊)
Outfit  for this Dress the Duchess Challenge (2020?)
For this Dress the Duchess Challenge I picked a dress from the 2019 Maticevski Spring Collection which, again, is white based albeit, this time, with the barest of blue and lavender accents. The jewelry is amethyst, as are the lenses of the Bottega Veneta sunglasses (You might have heard my squee when I found them, it was indecently loud ~ sorry for that!). An Elie Saab scarf because I just love how it brings all the colors together, plus black-and-white shoes (internet) and handbag (Staud).  Having my fingers tightly crossed that this latest try will get me the craved invitation to the Tournament! And if so, I'll be wearing ... the Badgley Mischka ensemble ... perhaps ... 😁

1 comment:

  1. LOVE 2020's board! THAT dress is heaven, same with the shoes and the bag! GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete